Saturday, July 10, 2010

Loss

There is only so much a family should have to handle in one week, don't you think? For ours it was the crazy emotional high of a BFP (big fat positive - as in pregnant) followed five days later by the gut-wrenching low of a miscarriage.

I woke up Wednesday morning, saw blood, and that was that. Sobbing, I went looking for Brian, who was covered in sweat on our back patio, having just come home from his early-morning run. We were reeling for one day, but the hard part was the second day, when it seemed as if I was supposed to be done with the whole thing - except that I wasn't done. I was a wreck. I was angry. I was sad.

Today? I am really doing so much better. A pregnancy loss is incredibly painful, but I do think it's much easier at five weeks than it would be at even six or eight weeks. I'm grateful for that and I'm ready to move on and try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment