Thursday, June 17, 2010

The first one

I've never really understood the whole blog-thing. Who has time to sit around and read about other people's random musings? But my life is different now. I am a mom. And while I was kinda high-strung before, I am full-blown nuts now. So I find myself having random musings that I really want to share - and in the end I guess I don't really care if anyone wants to hear it.

Of course, at this single moment in time no random musings are there. I am just sitting here alone in our dark living room with a glass of cold wine sitting next to me on the couch. No noise but the whir of the air conditioning. And now the door to my two-year-old's room that just cracked open. Uh-oh.

Kid back in bed.

So the news of the day is mainly that I'm sitting here starting my blog while my husband is out with some friends having a few beers. The hope is that when he comes home we will hit the sack, have some fun, and ... tada! ... a new baby will be here in about 10 months. All we need is said husband. Un-drunk. And me. Awake. I'll keep you posted.